Reporting Domain Name Abuse
Reporting domain name abuse is important to help maintain a safe and secure online environment. Here are some cases in which you should consider reporting domain name abuse related to the domains registered at Joker.com:
- Phishing: If you come across a domain that appears to be impersonating a legitimate website or organization with the intention of tricking users into providing sensitive information, such as login credentials, credit card details, or personal information
- Illegal Content: If the domain hosts or promotes illegal content, such as CSAM, or involved in the distribution of illegal drugs
- Trademark Infringement: If a domain is using a brand name or trademark without permission, leading to confusion or deception among consumers.
- Spam: When a domain is used for sending unsolicited and bulk emails, often promoting scams or fraudulent activities.
- Fraud and Scams: If a domain is engaged in fraudulent activities, including online scams, or fake e-commerce websites.
How to Report Domain Abuse Case: Checklist
Reported abuse cases are serious accusations, and we want to ensure a proper investigation process and swift action from our side. To help us effectively handle abuse reports, please follow the recommendations below:
While we strive to contribute to maintaining a safe online environment, it's important to understand that our jurisdiction as a domain registrar is limited.
How Joker.com Handles Domain Complaints
Complaints about domains can be reported to Joker.com in the following ways:
- by form via https://joker.com/goto/abuse
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by FAX or phone to +4921186767 6449 or +49.21186767447 respectively
- in writing to our address, published at https://joker.com/goto/abuse
Each complaint will be acknowledged upon receipt, and you will be given a unique ticket number - please refer to it if you have any requests.
Each complaint will be reviewed individually and we will endeavor to resolve it within 24h. A response is usually given within 3 working days.
The processing of domain complaints hinges primarily on German legislation and Joker.com's Terms and Conditions. Additionally, the guidelines specific to the respective domain type (country code or global domain) play a secondary role.