Specific ccTLDs: Nameservers
In case you want to use your own/external name servers for your .DE-domains instead of the standard name servers from Joker.com, you have to make sure that these name servers are compliant with the requirements set by the DENIC.
Requests to register or update .de domains are handled by a robot doing the following checks on the registry side:
- are all name servers given in the request reachable?
- are they authoritative?
- do their answers contain the "authoritative answer" (AA) bit and do they know about the other authoritative name servers?
- are all authoritative nameservers given in the request?
- are values in the SOA records in the ranges required by the DENIC?
- are the SOA values identical for all name servers?
- do at least two of the three name servers differ in the first three bytes of the IP (v4) address?
Name Server: SOA Records
|serial recommended format||YYYYMMDDnn|
|refresh||[10000 ... 86400]|
|retry||[1800 ... 28800]|
|expire||[604800 ... 3600000]|
|[180 ... 345600]|
If you are not sure, if your nameservers are compliant with DENIC requirements, or get an error related to nameservice, please check your nameservers at https://nast.denic.de/
The process of changing the nameserver for .dk domains is specifically regulated by DK Hostmaster. To modify the nameserver associated with a .dk domain, it is mandatory to go through DK Hostmaster's designated platform at:
Similar to .de domains, .it domain registry has specific requirements for nameservers.
It is crucial to verify the compliance of your custom nameservers before registering an .it domain. If your nameservers do not meet the registry requirements, the domain will be deleted within 30 days. To check the compliance of your nameservers, you can use the following link: