What is a Domain Name Registrar?
Joker.com is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar
What does it mean?
A domain registrar is a company or service that allows individuals or organizations to register and purchase domain names for their websites.
Domain registrars are accredited by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the organization responsible for managing domain names and IP addresses on the Internet. They also provide other services related to domain names, such as domain name transfers, DNS management, and domain name renewal. It's important to choose a reputable and reliable domain registrar to ensure that your domain name is properly registered and managed.
When you want to register a domain name, you:
- go through a domain Registrar
- the Registrar helps you search for available domain names
- if the one you want is available, you can purchase it for a specified period of time
- registration period usually ranges from one to ten years
- the Registrar then maintains a record of your domain name registration, including your contact information and technical details, in a database called the domain name system (DNS).