To successfully install this client application, you need a basic knowledge of Web servers, PHP and file systems.
In principle the installation is only a copy and run. The first thing to do is to ensure, that your Web server runs PHP files, and if not to configure it appropriately.
1. Untar or unzip the distribution (be sure to unzip the subdirectories):
tar -xzvf package_name_x.x.x.tar.gz
in your webserver's document root. If you don't have direct access to your document root, put the files in a directory on your local machine, and transfer the directory on your web server using, for example, ftp.
2. Ensure that all the scripts have the appropriate owner (if PHP is running in safe mode, having some scripts with an owner different from the owner of other scripts will be a problem). Be sure that the application can write log files, temp files and sessions. This means that the folders specified in config.php should be made writeable for the application.
3. This application needs cURL to communicate with DMAPI. You have to have the cURL PHP module enabled. If you run Windows it is provided with every instance of PHP and has to be uncommented in php.ini. Do not forget to restart your webserver after enabling the module. If you run Linux then this module has to be compiled and included. If you wonder how to do this, please read the PHP manual dealing with cURL (http://php.net/curl).
Problems were reported when "zend.ze1_compatibility_mode" is set to "on" in PHP 5.2.5. In lower versions this setting caused no problems.
4. It is recommended that you protect the directory in which you installed the client (unless it's on a closed intranet), for example with HTTP-AUTH (in a .htaccess file).
5. Open the file <www.your-host.com>/<your-install-dir>/index.php in your browser. The Joker.com PHP client should now display a welcome screen with a login dialog.
Have fun and don't forget to send feedback!