Besides the General Terms and Conditions of Business and Registration it is
also necessary for you to acknowledge the following additional conditions
for domains registered with Joker.com:
- Default status of domains:
- Domains registered with Joker.com, or transferred to Joker.com, by default are initially set to status
'clientTransferProhibited' (or to the equivalent status of the individual registry, if available). This is to
protect the domain from unintended or fraudulent transfers in the interest of the registrant.
- This domain status has to be removed by the registrant, before a domain can be successfully transferred to
- Registrants are enabled to switch this status on or/and off at any time at their discretion,
using the Joker.com portal
- A Transfer to another Registrar is free of charge. A transfer is usually automatically associated with a one year renewal of the domain,
which may be charged by the new Registrar.
- If it happens that a domain name is renewed after its regular period, which means it has entered the "AutoRenewGracePeriod", and then a Transfer
is performed within 45 days after the regular expiration of the domain, then the domain year added by the renewal will be removed by the related Registry,
and the domain year aquired by the Transfer will be added.
- As a result, the domain will be prolonged by one year. Renewal fees can not be refunded in this case.
- This procedure is defined by ICANN policies, and is bound to the technical standards of the Registries.
- Change of Registrant (COR) (only ICANN policed generic toplevel domains):
- Any account holder being the creator or transferor of a domain shall be considered as Designated Agent of the registered name holder (registrant) of a domain
- Joker.com as registrar shall be considered as Designated Agent of the registered name holder (registrant) of a domain which makes use of a proxy/privacy service