Roles and Permissions
You always can invite additional individuals (beside you) to administrate your domain(s). For this, you can assign so-called "roles" to other people, which define what sort of access is granted.
Important: These "roles" solely allow to grant access to your domains within Joker.com, they do not have any impact on what is shown in Whois as published contacts.
To invite somebody to get access to your domains, a special link is sent to the email address you provide. If the invitee does not already have a Joker.com login, he will get a chance to register when he clicks the link in this email.
Enter a "Description" to name the individual grant, to be able to identify your grants later.
You always may issue grants or revoke existing grants in "My Domains".
In case you are a Joker.com Reseller, you may also use the standard domain permission administration. In this case, you have the choice of assigning permissions or whole domains to other users using an invitation similar to the procedure above, or doing a direct assignment which will be applied immediately.
- Admin: Modify domains e.g. Whois data, modify nameservers, modify nameserver records like IP addresses, URL- and mail forwarding; transfer away or deletion of a granted domain is not possible for this role, this only can be done by the legal owner (creator) of a domain
- DNS Admin: Modify nameservers, modify nameserver records like IP addresses, URL- and mail forwarding
- Billing: Renew domains, receive expiry notifications
- [Resellers only] Internal Transfer/Assignment: Complete assignment of a domain to another Joker.com user (Internal Transfer). This is to move all claims and permissions on a domain to another user.
Resellers additionally may use modify domain:
- select either the 'Grants' dialog in domain list, or
- modify 'Additional granted Domain permissions (Roles)' in 'Modify Domain'
- select desired Role ('permission')
- chose 'direct assignment' in case no invitation should be sent - you have to provide the receiving user's email address and his matching User-ID in this case (ID is always shown in the upper right side of Joker.com)
- click 'save' to apply