Roles and Permissions
You can always invite additional individuals (besides you) to administrate your domain(s). For this, you can assign so-called "roles" to other people, which define what sort of access is granted.
Important: These "roles" solely allow you to grant access to your domains within Joker.com, they do not have any impact on what is shown in Whois as published contacts.
As you invite someone to access to your domains, a special link is sent to the email address you provide. If the invitee does not already have a Joker.com login, he will get a chance to register when he clicks the link in this email.
Enter a "Description" to name the individual grant to be able to identify your grants later.
You can always issue grants or revoke existing grants in My Domains.
In case you are a Joker.com Reseller, you may also use the additional option 'Direct assignment' to assign roles. This means that you can assign permission to another Joker.com account, which takes effect instantly, and no invitation will be sent. This means that with "Internal Transfer" and "Direct assignment" you can move (transfer) domains between different - also your own - Joker.com logins.
- Admin: Modify domains e.g. Whois data, modify nameservers, modify nameserver records like IP addresses, URL- and mail forwarding; transfer away or deletion of a granted domain is not possible for this role, this only can be done by the legal owner (creator) of a domain
- DNS Admin: Modify nameservers, modify nameserver records like IP addresses, URL- and mail forwarding
- Billing: Renew domains, receive expiry notifications
- [Resellers only] Internal Transfer/Assignment: Complete assignment of a domain to another Joker.com user (Internal Transfer). This allows for transferring all claims and permissions on a domain to another Joker.com user
- Please note: The feature "auto renew" of a domain can only be modified by the original creator of a domain.
Resellers additionally may use:
- option 'Direct assignment' to not use the invitation process, no invitation will be sent. You have to provide the receiving user's email address and his matching Joker.com User-ID for this. The Joker.com User-ID is always shown in the upper right after the login name.