.DE-Domains and Name Servers
In case you want to use your own/external name servers for your .DE-domains instead of the standard name servers from Joker.com, you have to make sure that these name servers are compliant with the requirements set by the DENIC.
Requests to register or update .de domains are handled by a robot doing the following checks on the registry side:
- are all name servers given in the request reachable?
- are they authoritative?
- do their answers contain the "authoritative answer" (AA) bit and do they know about the other authoritative name servers?
- are all authoritative nameservers given in the request?
- are values in the SOA records in the ranges required by the DENIC?
- are the SOA values identical for all name servers?
- do at least two of the three name servers differ in the first three bytes of the IP (v4) address?