This section provides instructions on Inter-Registrar Transfers, Internal Transfers, and Change of Registrant (Owner-Change) Procedures.
- Transferring Domains to Joker.com
- Bulk Transfer
- Internal Transfer
- Change of Registrant Procedure
- Transferring Domains Away From Joker.com
- UDRP Procedures
- Specific ccTLDs: Transfers
Transferring Domains to Joker.com
According to ICANN regulations, when transferring domains between registrars, the Gaining Registrar (Joker.com) must initiate the process. To begin, Joker.com needs to obtain express authorization from either the Registered Name Holder or the Administrative Contact. This authorization is fulfilled by possessing the AUTH-ID. You can find more information about the transfer policy here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en
The transfer policies and rules may vary from registry to registry, for more information and examples please also refer to our Specific ccTLDs: Transfers article.
Prepare for the Transfer
- Check with your current/old registrar
- Make sure your domain is "unlocked" and eligible "change of registrar"
- Request the AUTH-ID (also known as the 'epp-code') for the domain you want to transfer.
Note: Generally, the domain must be registered for at least 60 days before a transfer is possible.
Initiate the Transfer
1. Log in, and click the "Transfer a Domain to Joker.com" button:
2. Enter the domain name you want to transfer (without "www."), click "Transfer Domain"
3. Enter the AUTH-ID (epp-code) obtained from your current Registrar, click "Proceed":
4. Add the contacts:
You can either create new contacts, or use already existing. See also:
Please note: due to GDPR regulations and technical reasons, we cannot automatically transfer your existing domain contact data.
5. Choose your nameservice:
Tip: If you are currently using the name service of the initial registrar, it is best to choose our equivalent, the free Joker.com name service. Our system will attempt to read and accept your current name server entries. You can add and confirm them before starting the transfer: click on "edit DNS records" on the next page.
You may also consider using our free DNSSEC option for secure name services.