This chapter is dedicated to DNS (Domain Name System). It provides detailed guidance on adding, changing, modifying, and configuring your DNS zone, ensuring proper functioning and accessibility of their domains and associated services.
- Adding Name Servers to Your Domain
- Creating and Modifying Your Own Nameservers
- DNS Records Supported by Joker.com Nameservice
- Joker.com Name Service: Adding DNS Records
- URL Forwarding and E-mail Forwarding
- Dynamic DNS (DynDNS)
- Let's Encrypt SSL Certificates
- Specific ccTLDs: Nameservers
Adding Name Servers to Your Domain
Every domain requires a minimum of two (2) associated nameservers.
You have the freedom to choose any name service you prefer. The Joker.com name service is provided for free along with the Joker.com domain fee. By default, the Joker.com name servers are configured unless you explicitly change them during the ordering process.
It's important to note that certain top-level domains (TLDs) have specific nameserver requirements. For more details, please refer to the Specific ccTLDs: Nameservice article.
Adding Existing Nameservers: Joker NS or Foreign
To add nameservers, follow these steps:
1. On your Dashboard, click the "Modify" icon next to the domain you want to add NS to:
2. In the Domain Management section, locate the "Name Servers" subsection, and click the "edit" icon:
3. Click the "Use custom Nameservers" button:
4. Add desired nameservers, and click "save":
You can change these to any foreign nameservers, such as the nameservers provided by your hosting provider. Please note that only already registered nameservers in the respective registry can be added.
5. You can switch back to Joker NS at any time:
Creating and Modifying Your Own Nameservers
If you prefer not to use the free Joker.com name service and instead want to use your own nameservers, you need to "register" it.
Please note: Creating nameservers (e.g., registering a hostname with an IP address to define a nameserver) only works with Joker.com if the domain used for these nameservers is also a Joker.com domain. This limitation is based on technical/registry constraints.
If you intend to use a domain from another registrar, only that registrar will be able to register the nameservers with the registry.
To register your own nameservers, please follow these steps:
1. Under Domain Management, click on the edit icon in the "Nameservers" section:
2. Click on "register NS":
3. Enter NS name: